AT A GLANCE
Step in the New Majestic Hotel and you’ll instantly recognise the power of design. With chairs by Eames and Paulin Pierre, Mies (van der Rohe) daybeds, and a lot of “you’ve got a good eye for art” artwork by local artists in the form of beautiful wall decals and lobby installations you won’t know whether to interact with the furniture or admire it from afar (by the way, if those fussy European names don’t ring a bell just know they’re, oh… I don’t know, just some of the most revolutionary designers that’ve changed the way we think about design today. That’s all). Read on to discover what to do in the hotel, permanent offers, major events that are celebrated close by, and what to do within walking distance.
WHO STAYS AT NEW MAJESTIC HOTEL?
1) Go to top of The Pinnacle@Duxton for an alternative view of the city skyline.
2) Shop for precious knick-knacks at Tiong Bahru Road; home to indie shops.
3) Embark on a cultural expedition of Chinatown starting at the Chinatown Heritage Centre.
4) Cafe hop by visiting area cafes including Nylon, The Lokal, and Populous.
All within a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
1) Dine-In Cantonese style at Majestic Restaurant; an award winning restaurant.
2) Keep off the foodie pounds by frequenting the gym during your stay.
3) Take a dip in the pool.
4) Take a hotel tour as each room is uniquely designed, making the property an attraction on its own. Guests can request to view the available rooms.
5) Relax and enjoy being pampered by amenities such as Kiehl’s toiletries and Nespresso. Some rooms are equipped with bathtubs.
1) Hot Deal: Stay 2 nights and get 20% off.
2) Sip on a complimentary non-alcoholic beverage from the mini bar.
3) Early Bird Special: Book at least 21 days in advance and get 15% off the Best Available Rates.
4) Advance Purchase: Book at least 14 days in advance and get 10% off the Best Available Rates.
5) Guests are issued a smartphone to make complimentary, unlimited local and international calls to 15 countries, with unlimited 3G data and a Wi-Fi hotspot. A guide on things to do, see, eat, and shop in Singapore, is available in your phone along with promotions from various Unlisted Collection hotels and restaurants.
Annual events in the hotel’s vicinity.
1) Chinese New Year Countdown Party; celebrated on the eve of the first day of Chinese New Year with fireworks. The whole of Chinatown gets festive from mid-January with the setup of a bazaar and a series of performances and events interspersed over the period leading up to Chinese New Year Day. If you really want a full-on experience of the community you’re staying in, visit during the festival period to see everyone’s best
Visit New Majestic Hotel’s official website.
View New Majestic Hotel’s trivago.sg profile.